Montel Williams earned his media celebrity status as an inspirational Emmy Award winning television personality whom Americans invited into their homes for more than 17 years. He is a decorated former naval officer, inspirational speaker, author, entrepreneur and advocate for patients worldwide.
POLITICAL AND SOCIAL COMMENTARY
Lucid regularly places Montel on major network and prime time TV outlets to share his trusted opinions on political and social issues ranging from presidential politics to healthcare topics.
- CNN Tonight (On the 2016 Presidential Race, July 2016)
- Hardball (On the 2016 Presidential Race, Aug 2016)
- Yahoo News (On the 2016 Presidential Race, Aug 2016)
- Neil Cavuto (On the 2016 Presidential Race, Aug 2016)
- Gretchen Carlson (On the 2016 Presidential Race, March 2016)
- Trish Regan (On the 2016 Presidential Race, February 2016)
- Fox Business (On the State of the Union, January 2016)
- Maria Bartiromo (On the State of the Union, January 2016)
- Neil Cavuto (On the 2016 Presidential Race, November 2015)
- USA Today Op-Ed (On 2016 Presidential Race)
- FoxNews.com Op-Ed (On 2016 Presidential Race)
- FoxNews.com Op-Ed (On 2016 Race)
- FoxNews.com Op-Ed (On Gun Control)
Montel–a Naval Academy graduate and former Naval Intelligence Officer–is an outspoken advocate for US servicemen and women. Lucid has placed Montel on major media outlets to discuss issues that affect the lives of veterans. In 2014, for instance, Lucid implemented a campaign called “VA Surge.” We penned an op-ed decrying the conditions at certain VA facilities, placed Montel on several cable news programs to discuss the issue, and shared the bookings on social media. “VA Surge” became a trending Twitter topic and the story went viral. Two days later, Secretary of Veterans Affairs Eric Shinseki resigned.
- FoxNews.com Op-Ed (On Amir Hekmati)
- Neil Cavuto (On Amir Hekmati, January 2016)
- Greta van Susteren (On Amir Hekmati, January 2016)
- Fox Business Network (On Amir Hekmati, January 2016)
- WITN NBC Greenville (Gift of sight for a Marine’s son, October 2014)
- Erin Burnett Out Front (On VA Surge, August 2014)
- Neil Cavuto (On VA Surge, August 2014)
- Glenn Beck Radio Program (On VA Surge, August 2014)
- Neil Cavuto (On Veterans Affairs, June 2014)
- Neil Cavuto (On Veterans Affairs, May 2014)
- Making it in America (On A Soldiers’ Smile Charity November 2012)
- Making it in America (On Fisher House Charity, November 2012)
Lucid has managed an aggressive campaign to assist the LGBTQ Movement. Positioning Montel as a spokesperson, we created political pressure to beat back LGBTQ discrimination laws in North Carolina, Indiana, Arkansas, Georgia, and Mississippi. In late 2016, Lucid created a partnership with American Unity Fund, the conservative branch of the LGBTQ movement, to hold an advocacy event at the Republican National Convention alongside prominent transgender advocate Caitlyn Jenner.
MEDICAL CANNABIS ADVOCACY
Lucid has worked closely with the medical cannabis advocacy community to amplify the publicity for legalization measures in various states across the country. In Pennsylvania, we led a campaign to dislodge a stalled bill through the House of Representatives, through lobbying and an editorial media campaign. The bill subsequently survived twenty-six “poison pill amendments before ultimately passing the State Legislature. In 2017, Lucid helped launched a high-end medical cannabis product under the brand name Lenitiv Labs.
- CBS Cincinnati, WCMH, Fox 19 Cincinnati , ABC 6 Columbus, WHP , WEWS, WBNS , WTOL, WTTE , WKRC , WNWO, WLWT , WKBN , WTOV, WSYX , WTTE , WTVG , WCPO , ABC Columbus (On Ohio’s Issue 3, October-November 2015)
- Issue 3 Press Conferences in Cincinnati , Cleveland, and Columbus
- CNN American Morning (On medical cannabis, March 2012)
- KABC7 (On medical cannabis, March 2012)
- Fox40 (On medical cannabis, March 2012)
- ABCNews10 (On medical cannabis, March 2012)